Course Reset does not adjust Date Restrictions

Course Reset does not adjust Date Restrictions

by David Campbell -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Course Reset does not adjust Date Restrictions in several of my courses (Moodle 3.9.4+ (Build: 20210122)). I use the restrictions extensively, so updating them all manually will be a real headache.

There was a bug (MDL-51467) that affected versions 2.8.6 to 2.9.3. The developers fixed it, and the tracker issue is closed, but I'm wondering if, in subsequent updates, something broke. I plan to post something to the tracker, but I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this problem before I do. It may be something unique to our install, and I may need to look for other causes.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Campbell

Re: Course Reset does not adjust Date Restrictions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

You can check whether the problem is unique to your install by trying to reproduce it on the Moodle Sandbox demo. The site resets on the hour, so you should log in just after the hour to give yourself plenty of time.

If you find that the problem is indeed reproducible, please create a new tracker issue for it and link it to MDL-51467.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Course Reset does not adjust Date Restrictions

by David Campbell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Helen,
Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try.