Self-Enrolment Screen - Not Enabled?

Self-Enrolment Screen - Not Enabled?

by Jenni Thompson -
Number of replies: 3

I have enabled all of the plug-ins and enrolment options for self-registration but when I go to my Moodle site (https://pollyklaasfoundation.moodlecloud.com/), all I get is a log in page for people who are already registered, which is only me because I can't figure this issue out (pic attached). I want to have it look like the what I found on the help page that I have linked to below. Can someone please help me with this? I'm on day 3 of researching this issue and am at a total loss. 

File:selfregscreen.png 
Attachment Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 1.00.08 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jenni Thompson

Re: Self-Enrolment Screen - Not Enabled?

by Jenni Thompson -
I did discover that under manage authentication, that in the common settings, I didn't have self-registration enabled - the default is no. BUT, I would still like to know how to have a message like the link shows and I would appreciate help for that still. Thank you so much!!
In reply to Jenni Thompson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jenni,

Please double-check in Site administration > Plugins > Authentication > Manage authentication in the table 'Available authentication plugins' that you have enabled Email-based self-registration (so in the Enable column there is an open eye).

You'll find a video explaining things in the documentation Email-based self-registration.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jenni Thompson -
Thank you Helen. I finally discovered late last night that there is an area, just below where you pointed me to that allows for adding in the content like this. Here's a pic of where it is:
Attachment Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.04.16 AM.png