Question Banks & Random Questions

Question Banks & Random Questions

'mei a Michael Knichel - 'aho
Number of replies: 3

I got materials from the publisher for our text and it included the test banks.  Each chapter is 1 bank and includes MC, TF & FIB questions.  

In Blackboard I can create a question set from a question bank and select just the MC questions then tell it to grab 5 of them randomly.  Then do the same for TF and FIB.  This allows me to create a random test for each student.

In Moodle, the only way I see to do this is to store all the MC questions in a separate Category? same for TF and FIB... Is this correct? or am I missing something.

If this is the only way to do it, how can I split the bank up after it is imported into Moodle?  I will need to create a separate bank for each question type.

I am using 3.9 Moodle

MK

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Knichel

Re: Question Banks & Random Questions

'mei a Tim Hunt - 'aho
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What you say is currently true. (Fingers crossed, come Moodle 4.0, it should then work the way you want.)
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Michael Knichel

Re: Question Banks & Random Questions

'mei a Luiggi Sansonetti - 'aho
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi

I think you can use tags (MC, TF, FIB...) waiting the new (extra) Moodle version, no ?

I have several question categories and all questions are tagged

Average of ratings: Useful (1)