Recurring questionnaires, when are they re-opened

Recurring questionnaires, when are they re-opened

by Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have questions about the timing in a recurring Questionnaire. I have tried to specify the variations I can think of, but I might have missed some. This is information I cannot find in the documentation.

1. When allowing the respondent to answer daily:
    1. Is the re-opening triggered at a specific time (like midnight), or 
    2. Is the re-opening triggered 24 hrs from when the student submitted last?
  2. When allowing the respondent to answer weekly:
    1. Is the re-opening triggered by the first day of the actual week, or
    2. Is the re-opening triggered by the first day of the logical course week, or
    3. Is the re-opening triggered exactly one week from the previous submission (same day and hour) or
    4. Is the re-opening triggered by the day and time selected under Availability?
  3. When allowing the respondent to answer monthly:
    1. Is the re-opening triggered first day of the month, or 
    2. Is the re-opening triggered exactly one month from the previous submission (same date and hour) or
    3. Is the re-opening triggered by the date and time selected under Availability? (I guess this is complicated due to different number of days in different months)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Recurring questionnaires, when are they re-opened

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Peter,
I'm afraid the only way to find out is ... to try it out! Have you tried these various timings yourself?
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Peter Diedrichs -
Well, it takes a while trying out a lot of these settings... I think this should be documented somewhere, or at least the people maintaining the plugin should know, though. This plugin has been around very long.
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
They are all based on the user's last attempt time compared with date format codes.
So if daily, the current "numeric day of the year" must be greater than the last attempt's "numeric day of the year" (format code 'z').
If weekly, the current "numeric week of the year" must be greater than the last attempt's "numeric week of the year" (format code 'W').
If monthly, the current "numeric month of the year" must be greater than the last attempt's "numeric month of the year" (format code 'n').
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Peter Diedrichs -
That would mean that a weekly course survey would always open on Mondays (first day of week with our settings). I think it would be useful to be able to control that, to finish off every week with a survey (like, opinions on this week, expectations on next week). I’ll suggest that in the Questionnaire tracker.