General Feedback ignores CAS Values

General Feedback ignores CAS Values

by Martin Kraska -
Number of replies: 1

In the attached question I came to a point where the general feedback (worked solution) isn't properly processed any more. 

I initially authored the general feedback which seemed to work well, the referred question variables and display commands were correctly handled.

However, after making some changes in the input and PRT definitions, I completely broke the dynamic parts of the general feedback, as if something inbetween silently kills maxima. I can't reproduce which edits actually caused the breakdown. 

Essentially, I need the value of b0 in the feedback. In the question text and in the preview of the question hint the value is correctly displayed. So I have no clue what could have gone wrong.

Putting a debug block in the general feedback shows TIMEDOUT message for all entries, wherea in the question text the correct values are shown.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Kraska

Re: General Feedback ignores CAS Values

by Martin Kraska -
I found the culprit. dispdp() was applied to a variable which was already defined as the result of dispdp(). This seems to crash the function. Please find attached a minimum working example which demonstrates the problem.

I propose to somehow make the dispdp function issue some sort of warning instead of silently crashing. Perhaps a warning is issued yet I don't know where to find it.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)