Percentage Discrepancies

Percentage Discrepancies

by Sergio Cal -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I am using Moodle 3.5.16 (Build: 20210118) and I really need your assistance 

A few students are concerned that their grades in quiz do not match the correct percentage. For example, after a student's grade was rounded from 17.78 to 18 (90%), the percentage still remains 89%.

Please see image below:

How can I rectify this discrepancy so that both grade and percentage correspond to each other? I really welcome your suggestions to fix this glitch.

Thanks in advance.

Sergio

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sergio Cal

Re: Percentage Discrepancies

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In the quiz settings, Appearance -> Decimal places in grades. If you set that to more than 0, you will probably see what is going on.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sergio Cal -

Thanks very much for your response  Tim.

I went and changed it to 2 decimal places as indicated and did get 17.78, which is indeed 89%. 

Now,  because I had the settings to 0 decimal places,  it rounded the grade to 18/20, which should be 90%. However,  it's showing 89%

What can I do so that 17.78 (18/20) reflects 90% without over riding the grade?

I really appreciate you taking time out to answer my query.

In reply to Sergio Cal

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
"it rounded the grade to 18/20"

No. It *displayed* the grade as 18/20, but the grade is still 17.78/20. The grade does not change due to how it is displayed.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sergio Cal -

Ok. Now I understand it a lot better.

I really want to thank you, Tim, for clarifying further. Really appreciate it.👍🏼