Plugin Shibboleth disabled action log not found

Plugin Shibboleth disabled action log not found

by Marcos Borba -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

We currently have a server with Moodle 3.8 installed and we use Shibboleth as an authentication plugin. All users, including administrators, access this plugin.
The only manual account is the admin.
Today, we don't know how, the plugin was disabled (eye-shaped icon was disabled) and all users except the local admin were unable to access the environment.
To resolve this, we disable the Shibboleth URL (add CFG in config.php) and access it locally as admin and enable Shibboleth again.
Problem solved, we move on to the investigation phase of who could have disabled this plugin.
We checked all the reports, consulted the Moodle database and found nothing.
Question: Can anyone tell me where I can find the record of who disabled the Shibboleth plugin?

Thank you in advance,
Marcos Borba

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcos Borba

Re: Plugin Shibboleth disabled action log not found

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Moodle does not log the enabling / disabling of items in the interface like that as an event in the logs, nor in the Config changes log. It should -- this is along enduring oversight -- but it does not. So you found nothing because there is nothing.

If you are lucky, you will be able find something in your web server logs, with a url of the form: /admin/auth.php?sesskey=##########&action=disable&auth=shibboleth which should give you a time stamp, an IP address, and maybe even a url with a userid in it, from which you can figure out which admin was logged at that time by coordinating that with the Moodle logs.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Randy Thornton

Re: Plugin Shibboleth disabled action log not found

by Marcos Borba -

Hi Randy,

Thank you so much for your explanation! We thought it would be this way but we were not sure.
We'll do the investigations and I'll be back here to let you know if we've been successful.

Grateful,
Marcos Borba