automated backup performance Moodle 3.9

automated backup performance Moodle 3.9

by Alain Raap -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We migrated to Moodle 3.9 this week (from Moodle 3.5.x) and the automated backup ran for the first time yesterday. We have more than 5500 courses and normally we have between 300-500 backups each day. Yesterday, the first backup made 2130 backups (in 6 hours time), and that's really very fast.

Is it normal that the first time so many courses are backup'ed? And who has the same experiences with the (very much better) performance of this task? I excluded our largest course from the automated backup, this course runs only in the weekend because of the long time it runs (12 hours). I'm curious how long it'll run this weekend.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alain Raap

Re: automated backup performance Moodle 3.9

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The backups will backup any courses that had changes - I guess it is possible that your upgrade caused changes in certain courses and not others maybe...
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: automated backup performance Moodle 3.9

by Alain Raap -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The number of backups each night is the usual number again we had before the migration. So I think the upgrade caused the large amount the first time
the automated backup task ran.