Administrators inherited with backup?

Administrators inherited with backup?

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

We are experiencing a strange problem. A colleague of mine created a course in a test site administered by another one of our colleagues. Once the course was created, I backed the course up and I restored it in our production site (of which I'm the main administrator).

Now, students who enrol in this course get a welcome message with the e-mail address from the administrator of the other site.

Is this a bug?

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Administrators inherited with backup?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Not if your colleague who administers the other site is also a teacher in your restored course. The "admin" role isn't (if I'm not wrong) transferred along backups but the "teacher" one yes.

Also, the main admin user in your site will be the sender of the "enrol" email messages if there isn't any teacher defined in the course.

Has sense?

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Administrators inherited with backup?

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hi Eloy,

I talked a little bit more with my colleagues and it turned out that it was all a confusion and I had not been given correct information. They were under the impression that their students were receiving mail with the address from the administrator of the other site. It turns out, however, that it was only them, not the students that had received these messages. For them Moodle is all the same and they didn't realize that when they created their course, they were in a different installation administered by a different person. They assumed that all their students were receiving the same messages they had received but in fact they weren't because when the students started enrolling, they were doing it already in the course that I restored in our production server.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Josep M.