Looking for Moodle eye candy!

Looking for Moodle eye candy!

by Fran Harrison -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings, fellow Moodlers!

I changed institution about 18 months ago from one where we were using Moodle widely. I now have a situation where our learning architect and I think Moodle would have really great application, working as an LXP in a wider learning infrastructure, but are facing resistance from a higher level (possibly due to a negative past experience with a badly-built Moodle instance).

Can anyone recommend any really great public-facing Moodle sites? Ideally ones that don't actually look like out-of-the-box Moodle, but it doesn't really matter. I just want to be able to pass some best-practice examples to the relevant people, to show what it's capable of. 

Thanks!
Fran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fran Harrison

Re: Looking for Moodle eye candy!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
The good thing about Moodle is that there are so many free and paid-for themes to make it look good. Hopefully others on here will suggest some free themes or share some good-looking sites. I just did a quick search of case studies on moodle.com and found an article which references https://aulaberta.uab.pt/ which uses a customised Moodle theme. (Article is: Transform the look and feel of your Moodle site. ) Other themes and Partners are available ;)
Average of ratings: Very cool (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Looking for Moodle eye candy!

by Fran Harrison -
Hi Mary, thanks for that. That example looks great! I'll have to do more searches for case studies; hadn't thought of that approach.

Yes, we used to use all sorts of custom skins, plugins and stuff where I was before, to make ours just as we needed, which is why we think it would work so well as a user management / provisioning / experience portal, providing SSO into our other applications, and providing a hosting solution for all our guides and generic stuff. He and I just need to counter our colleagues' bad experiences! To misuse a phrase: Moodles aren't bad; only bad Moodles are bad...
Average of ratings: Very cool (2)