User profile fields not listed as part of the options under Accounts.

User profile fields not listed as part of the options under Accounts.

by Joel Bifarin -
Number of replies: 6

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom field to help with data identification through the following path. (Administration > Site administration > Users > Accounts > User profile fields).

However I cannot find the "user profile field" under the accounts section. Is there something I am not doing right? Below is a list of the current content of my Accounts section.

Kindly assist.

Cheers,

Joel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joel Bifarin

Re: User profile fields not listed as part of the options under Accounts.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joel,

What version of Moodle are you using? Also, are you a site admin?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joel Bifarin -

Hi Helen,

Thank you for the response. I am a site Admin and we use Version 3.8.

Cheers,

Joel

In reply to Joel Bifarin

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Which theme is the site using? And which version of the theme? This is shown under the Themes heading on the page Administration ▸ Site administration ▸ Plugins ▸ Plugins overview.

If it's not the Boost (or Classic) theme, try switching to this and see if the problem still occurs.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Joel Bifarin -

Thanks Leon.

Please see below screenshot of the administration plugin page. I think something might be wrong here as it does not include the Plugins Overview. What can i do please?

In reply to Joel Bifarin

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Are you sure you're a Site Admin? Just because you can see the site administration menu does not mean that you're actually a site administrator. Could you be a "Manager"? What else can you see in the site admin menu?
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Joel Bifarin -
Thank you Jon. I now have the the right password and login ID and i see all the other fields.