Hard to find (new) not read messages in "Plugins traffic" forum, when they are in old threads

Hard to find (new) not read messages in "Plugins traffic" forum, when they are in old threads

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Since some months, and the update to a (new) Moodle version, it's difficult to find (new) not read messages in "Plugins traffic" forum, when they are in old threads.

Previously, we add a "Not read" clearly written, and searchable. Now you only have a number with a red background... and it's not directly searchable. So you have to scroll and look visually for something red...

Hope something can be done to improve that (in this forum, but perhaps certainly for this Moodle forum type in general).

Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Hard to find (new) not read messages in "Plugins traffic" forum, when they are in old threads

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Am i the only one suffering this problem?

Does anybody has some clue to better find new posts?

Or better, a global solution for Moodle to improve this part?

Séverin
In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: Hard to find (new) not read messages in "Plugins traffic" forum, when they are in old threads

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It annoys me too. Someone needs to do a fix to blog-style forum. (I don't know if a suitable tracker issues exists. If not, first step is to make one.)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Séverin Terrier -
Thanks Tim for your answer. In fact, we already encountered related problem in the past. You created MDL-45841 in 2014 for Moodle 2.5, and i created MDL-65786 in 2019 for Moodle 3.7. These were both fixed for involved versions.

I think (but can be wrong) it's now related to improvments in MDL-66481 for Moodle 3.8.

I don't think a tracker issue already exist for this recent problem.