Error Message While Resetting Dashboard all Users

Error Message While Resetting Dashboard all Users

by GrowthWays Africa -
Number of replies: 9

Hello,

Please, I use moodle 3,9.3. I noticed this error when I attempted to resent Dashboard for all Users

Please, how do I clear it

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to GrowthWays Africa

Re: Error Message While Resetting Dashboard all Users

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What theme is the site using? If it's not Boost or Classic then which version of the theme it it? Check under Site administration ▸ Plugins ▸ Plugins overview and click Additional plugins and look under the Themes heading

In reply to Leon Stringer

by GrowthWays Africa -
Oh sorry, I forgot to indicate, I am using the Fordson theme compatible with Moodle 3.9

Thanks

by Leon Stringer -

Which version of Fordson? Check under Site administrationPluginsPlugins overview and click Additional plugins and look under the Themes heading.

Enable debugging as shown here, this should show more details with the error.

by GrowthWays Africa -
Okay, thanks, I did that and here is what it shows and I don't know how to resolve it

by GrowthWays Africa -
I use Fordson 3.9 and Moodle 3.9 as well. After enabling the debugger, here is what I got and I don't have any clue on how to resolve it. Kindly assist. Thanks

by Leon Stringer -

I think I've found your site and it looks like the Moodle source code has been modified. The HTML for the home page should start:

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html  dir="ltr" lang="en" xml:lang="en">
<head>

On your site (if I found it) there are 55 lines before that:

Screenshot HTML source code showing extraneous elements before the start of Moodle's output.

If this was achieved with changes to the Moodle source code then you should undo all such changes (back up the current files first) and then see if the error still occurs. Maybe these changes have nothing to do with the error but the possibility needs to be excluded.

Moodle has a setting to add items into the page <head> without changing the source code: Additional HTML.

by GrowthWays Africa -
Hello Leon,

Thanks for your support

I had tried using the additional HTML feature but the details were appearing in every page, hence my editing the front page mustache because I only wanted the design to appear on the front page.

Not sure how to use the additional HTML feature to edit my frontpage only

As you advised, I removed the codes from moodle backend but I still had the error.

by Leon Stringer -

I think the next thing to try is switching back to the default Boost theme temporarily to see if resetting the dashboard still gets the error.

For comparison, I've tried resetting the dashboard on Moodle 3.9.3 (Build: 20201109) with Fordson v3.9 release 1.1 (2020061800) and didn't get the error.

by GrowthWays Africa -
I found the error in one of my/ php files.

I have it resolved now and and dashboard is working just fine now.

Thanks a lot