feedback (in a courseroom) for guests

Re: feedback (in a courseroom) for guests

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Stephan

I know your enquiry is quite old. Have you made any progress?

I have come across similar requirements in many different cases. But there is a fundamental problem, how can Moodle differentiate two replies from two persons, if they both entered Moodle without a logging in? I know, it is thinkable that Moodle could differentiate their IP addresses, browser identification, etc. But there are no such implementations in Moodle to my knowledge.

The only possibility is to allow multiple replies and _assume_ each reply is from a different person. Which is not accurate, perhaps somebody wants to correct his earlier reply and resubmit. Even if you exclude that, there is a big danger of a "script kiddie" ruining your survey. Really, it doesn't need much skill to make a script if no login is required.

May be others have other ideas. One simple approach is to create a sufficiently large number of dummy users and announce their credentials on the course page, hopefully in a way that a robot won't understand. Against the free dummy users running out, you have to download the replies regularly and reset the activity (or the course).