Add SpeechAce plugin to MoodleCloud

Add SpeechAce plugin to MoodleCloud

by David Morris -
Number of replies: 2

Hi. I've recently purchased a MoodleCloud subscription. Upon purchase I was not aware that external plugins are not allowed on this site.

As a pronunciation teacher I need a tool where my student can record themselves and the tool will automatically check for their pronunciation mistakes. SpeechAce does this quite well, however it is a plugin which cannot be installed on MoodleCloud.

I wonder if there are any alternative ways I can do to achieve the same outcome (Let my students speak + Check their pronunciation) on MoodleCloud. If not, how can I install an external plugin on my site? (Even with extra cost)

Thank you. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Morris

Re: Add SpeechAce plugin to MoodleCloud

by Kelly Howell -
Hi David,

We do explain on our website, that MoodleCloud sites have a number of selected plugins installed. To keep the platform simple and stable for all users we do not allow you to install your own plugins at this time.

You might want to consider if H5P will do this for you. H5P is a plugin that is included for free in all our MoodleCloud sites.

There is a list of all available content types here: https://h5p.org/content-types-and-applications

I wonder if this particular one might do what you require: https://h5p.org/speak-the-words-set

The plugin list will grow and continue to be updated. So if MoodleCloud currently does not support the particular plugin you are after, we will record your plugin request and other feedback to inform future work and additions to the system.

If however, you require this plugin to be installed immediately for your MoodleCloud site, I can pass you onto your Moodle Partners to discuss your custom needs. Please note that if you want to have plugins added to your site, you will need to move to a Moodle site hosted by our Moodle Partners or a self-hosted site.

I hope that this answers your question.

Thanks
Kelly
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Kelly Howell

Re: Add SpeechAce plugin to MoodleCloud

by David Morris -
Hi Kelly,

Thank you for your response. If we transfer our site to one of your Moodle partners, is it possible to transfer our subscription as well? Or do we have to pay for it as well as the MoodleCloud site?

Thanks.