Question on Course Program in 1.5

Question on Course Program in 1.5

by Eduardo Hernandez -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have been able to install Course Programa block in 1.5 (and also in 1.6). However, I am not being able to make it work, or at least to get what I understand this block does.

After its installation (including code changes), I am able to add a block to my course homepage, which displays two links (Visibility and Dates). After specifying some start and end dates for an activity (let's say a chat), I'm not able to see any changes and students can access the resource even when the resource end date has been reached.

Am I getting the wrong idea?. or is it only a planification without automatically displaying and/or hiding activities?.

Eduardo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Hernandez

Re: Question on Course Program in 1.5

by Michael Penney -
Hmm, should work, you made the code changes to the course format you are viewing (e.g. you have to make them in both weekly and topics, and then visit your admin page).

If the block is installed correctly, once you set the visibility dates, you should see that the 'eye' is closed for that activity when you go back to the course main page.

Perhaps something didn't get added in just right when you made the changes to the course format code?

In reply to Michael Penney

by Eduardo Hernandez -

Hi Michael,

That's exactly what I'm thinking of (something was not modified or installed as it should).

I have downloaded the Program Course 1.5 from "contrib" (using CVS) and the installation instructions only say to add the "course_program" directory to the moodle's blocks directoy, and then to modify course/mod.php and course/view.php but I didn't see any instruction to modify any file for a specific format, as you are telling me.

I will keep trying
Eduardo

In reply to Michael Penney

by Eduardo Hernandez -

Michael,

Today I realized that a very simple instruction is missing in the readme.txt provided in the course program 1.5 block.

The readme.txt contains some instructions to modify two files (view.php and mod.php) from the course directory. The "problem" is with modifications to the view.php file.

Lines 122-126 from course/view.php provided by course program block 1.5 must also be inserted into the moodle's course/view.php.

I didn't want to replace my moodle's files with the files provided by the block, as I realized that moodle files contain "more code", such as additional conditions in some IF statements, etc.

Now it works OK, and thanks to the people who created this block; I really like it!

NOTE: I downloaded the course program block from CVS (contrib/block_course_program_1.5/)

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.

by Sherry Brown -
Eduardo -

Thanks for finding the lines 122-126, the block has finally worked for me! You've made me one happy Moodler.

- Sherry