Myddleware and PHP 7.4.15

Myddleware and PHP 7.4.15

by Greg Powley -
Number of replies: 7

Hello, I have been reading the post by Eric Messick and Stephane Faure on Myddleware and Magento.  I was encouraged to try this out.

However, I came across a problem with php 7.4 (actually 7.4.15) and the install fails.  Does anybody have a clue on how to get around this.  php 7.4 is needed for Magento 2.4 on the same Ubuntu 18.5 instance.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greg Powley

Re: Myddleware and PHP 7.4.15

by Greg Powley -
Cancel this, the instruction I was using was from an outdated URL. Have installed from Moodle plugin, now to get it configured smile
In reply to Greg Powley

by Doug Stevens -

What new instructions did you find? For me it just says it won't install unless I drop my php to less than 7.4.

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Greg Powley -

Hi Doug, no new instructions.  Another method, installing the plug-in firstly.  However the result was the same.  Myddleware have been in contact and there is a new release in March that will support php > 7.4.  Need to wait until then.

In reply to Greg Powley

by Doug Stevens -

Okay I can wait until then. Will continue with SOAP. 🙂

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Greg Powley -

SOAP.  Are you able to share what you're doing with this?  TIA 😉

In reply to Greg Powley

by Doug Stevens -

I'm using soap Client in php command line to pull students from an mssql table in our student database and using it to sign students into courses. It also populates their profile page and adds parents.  It works well, but any time a change is made it takes way too much time to debug. I like the idea of myddleware to send data both directions. 

In reply to Doug Stevens

by Greg Powley -

Thanks for the reply.  Yep sounds like a bit of effort.  I will also wait for Myddleware.