Recent 3.10.1 Update Prevents Image Upload

Recent 3.10.1 Update Prevents Image Upload

by Paul Williams -
Number of replies: 6

I updated to the 3.10.1 and now all fields for the theme Klass, Boost, Fordham --- all themes I have --- cannot load a photo. It is a perpetual spin where I should be able to upload an image. The icons to list images such as the 3 lines, folder, etc. all resolve to a # as well.

Image cannot load.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Williams

Re: Recent 3.10.1 Update Prevents Image Upload

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It looks like this site has been upgraded using Softaculous. Softaculous is notorious for breaking sites on upgrade because it leaves behind files from the previous Moodle version, this is contrary to the instructions ("Do NOT copy new files over the old files").

The fix is to ensure only the source code files for the current Moodle version are present, try these steps but substitute 3.10.1 for 3.9.2. Some people (one, two) have suggested that you can open a support ticket with Softaculous and they'll fix the upgrade.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Leon Stringer

by Paul Williams -
Thank you for the reply! I also noted the other gentleman in the thread whom stated to learn to do the updates myself. I will endeavor to do such and appreciate your time and will advise back.

by Leon Stringer -

If you get stuck, just ask. Screenshots can help us understand what you're seeing.

by Paul Williams -
I can report the following: There is no downgrading once you have upgraded. With that said, I was able to dump in the 3.10.1+ (most recent stable). Unpacked everything, extracted, moved config back in. Had to update a handful of plugins and themes first and then the database itself and all appears to be back to normal.

Thanks for the assistance and have a great day!

by Leon Stringer -

If I explained that badly my apologies, "substitute 3.10.1 for 3.9.2" – I meant substitute the version referred to in the steps.

But I'm glad you've got it working.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Paul Williams -
Only because of you and I greatly appreciate it!

Have a great, safe weekend!