re Moodle respositorys and shared servers

re Moodle respositorys and shared servers

by Paul Cook -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Guys, has anyone had any trouble linking the repository folder on a shared server before? I am on one and the latest version of moodle setup ok but gave no moodledata folder in the install only a repository folder with dropbox et all inside it. ? There was a moodledata folder in the non public_html section on the server but not in the new install folder?? Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Cook

Re: re Moodle respositorys and shared servers

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Did you use a provider installer for Moodle when you began using Moodle? ... like Softaculous?
That did install a moodledata directory inside code directory as a hidden (beginning with a 'dot') directory ... something like .bunchofrandomlettersnumbersdata.
The docs for Moodle manual install don't recommend that.
Also, 'shared server' would be in a 'user jail' as compared to a non-shared server. So docs for moodle install/updates/upgrades would have slight differences that you would have to re-cognize and thus adjust to your hosting setup.
'SoS', Ken
In reply to Ken Task

by Paul Cook -

Thanks Ken maybe I need to sit with you and have a mentoring session 😁 still not communicating with server it was so easy on 1.9 I just remembered the folder numbers lol 

In reply to Paul Cook

by Paul Cook -

Morning Ken. the admin had put down the moodledata folder as default gibberish when he installed the Moodle. I thought the path on the file instance screen was just for general guidance not the actual folder and path smile Now Its all clear Cheers