User is missing admin tree in Administration block

User is missing admin tree in Administration block

by Andy Burgzorg -
Number of replies: 2

We currently have a user which is missing the admin tree in his Administration block.

He does have permissions to access these options. The users roles are currently "Super Teacher" and "Course Creator". Both of these roles allow the user to 'View the site administration tree (but not all the pages in it)' (moodle/site:configview is allowed).

The user has access to the "/admin/search.php" site, which he is able to select the admin options which are included in the above roles. Other users with the same roles do see the admin tree in the Administration block and don't experience the problem.

I've tried the logs, but they give me no information regarding this issue. I've also tried PHP debugging (Debug messages in Developer mode), but no errors.

The oldest backup is from Jan 10th 2021, but the issue was already since then. So there is no pintpointing when this has started for this user.

Can someone help me troubleshoot this? Or is it better to recreate the user?

-

Moodle 3.9.4 (Git installation)

nginx / mariadb environment.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andy Burgzorg

Re: User is missing admin tree in Administration block

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Andy,

Have you checked in Moodle > Site admin > Users > Permissions > Capability overview (../admin/tool/capability/index.php) whether there's a role that has this permission set to Blocked or Prohibited?

And have you checked to see if there are any other conflicting role assignments?

I expect site administrators have the full tree at their disposal, but it's just an issue for users with this role assignment.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: User is missing admin tree in Administration block

by Andy Burgzorg -
Hi Joost,

There is one role which prohibits this permission, but the user is not assigned to this role.
Furthermore there are no other permissions assigned to this user that may conflict with this.

Other users assigned with the role "Super Teacher" and the role "Course creator" do not have this issue, neither do the site administrators.