All iframe tags stripped

All iframe tags stripped

by William Stewart -
Number of replies: 5

I am using Moodle 3.10.1+, and despite embedding iframes of video files (ones hosted in Google Drive), the tags are stripped when viewed as teachers or students.

I have tried adding them to Pages, Lessons, and Labels, and have never run into this issue previously. I even have trusted content settings turned on, have checked that teachers have the permission as well, and nothing is visible unless looking at the editor preview, or as my normal role as an admin. 

I understand not allowing this function to students by default (or in forums for example), but I can't figure out any setting preventing the iframes to be displayed normally - I have worked on other Moodle sites that have no issues at all with this.

Any thoughts on what I am missing here?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Stewart

Re: All iframe tags stripped

by C Behan -
Are you using 'Log in as' to view from a teacher point of view? If yes, then this is expected (frustratingly). If you actually log in using a username and password as an account with the teacher role on that page, I bet it will be visible.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to C Behan

by William Stewart -

Behan,

I never would have imagined that when using "log in as" that it behaves this way - this made me lose my mind for half the day yesterday. Ironically, this is one of the strong suits of Moodle, being able to preview what courses look like as different users, yet if the content isn't displayed properly, then I don't really see the point if I cannot be 100% sure of that.

I just made a dummy account and logged in through that to confirm that everything is normal.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Stewart

by C Behan -
This came in a few versions ago. In the past, embedded content would show but I think some security update resulted in this.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)