Direct url for specific user possible?

Direct url for specific user possible?

by Jason Hollowell -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Dear all,

I would like to be able to provide a user with a url that directs him/her to a login page such that the user only needs to enter their password. I'm envisioning something where the user is provided with a link that includes either their username (or userid - more preferable) and they are then simply prompted to enter a password. The password will be predetermined and they will have the password but be prompted to change it upon first login. The link I am envisioning will be provided via a QR code.

Something like this --> www.mymoodle.com/login/userid=1234

I found user key authentication which seems close to what I am envisioning but not quite...or maybe I can make it work...? I have not yet installed and experimented with it.

Any advice/suggestions will be appreciated.

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Hollowell

Re: Direct url for specific user possible?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I can't immediately think of a way... it would need a custom development. It wouldn't be an especially difficult thing to put together for a Moodle dev with a bit of experience.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Thanks Howard. I was thinking the same thing. I have some funding for this project so I will look into getting something developed.

Jason
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jason, we made something like this. It works pretty well. But its for users who already are on the system.
You choose them from a dropdown and send them a link that if clicked logs them in and sends them to the activity in question. You could probably make it work if the user had a "force password reset " flag on their account.

I have a doc on it somewhere I will mail it to you

**edit** I don't seem to have the doc at hand but here is a screenshot: