Comments in essays are not shown

Comments in essays are not shown

by Elie D. -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

In my lesson, when I add comments to my students they can't see these comments, any idea?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elie D.

Re: Comments in essays are not shown

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi, I don't know because I have not been using lessons for some years. But a good strategy to check these aspects is to create a student account that you can use for such purposes and experiments.
In reply to Elie D.

by David Le Blanc -

Hello Elie, 
Like Beatriz, I haven't used the lesson activity module in some time. I don't know how you are using the Lesson module in your context, but I have used it in instances where students who were late entering an online course needing to complete a review of background materials to keep pace with their classmates. On occasion, I would offer optional Lesson activities for students requesting additional practice on a given topic. In these cases I used the module as self contained units not requiring instructor intervention or attention.   

Looking at the documentation, Grading Lessons (https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Using_Lesson#Grading_lessons) , I see that the student must complete the entire lesson before receiving results such as grading comments emailed (made visible) for feedback.

I understand how using essay questions in a Lesson unit could be beneficial. The documentation suggests if your main purpose is for students to write an essay, you might consider the Assignment module instead.  (see Essay under Building Lesson)

In reply to David Le Blanc

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Another possibility for "essay" writing is to use the Journal or Diary plugins. I think both of them might be a little less time consuming for the teacher, when it comes time to grade an essay. Diary has the added benefit of being able to add revisions, while keeping the original intact.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)