SEB Moodle integration redirect URL considered "Not secure" by Google Chrome

SEB Moodle integration redirect URL considered "Not secure" by Google Chrome

by Tomas De Amos -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Moodle community.

When I launch a quiz configured to use SEB from my Moodle platform, I notice the prefix of the site changes from https:// to sebs:// and I get a message from Chrome saying: “The information you are about to send is not secure”.

If I press, “Send anyway” I can proceed, but I wish this warning didn´t appear at all. Is there any configuration I can apply to avoid this?

Bellow are the screenshots illustrating my problem.

Explorer: Google Chrome 88.0.4324.150.

Moodle: Version 3.9

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

Tomas.

Attachment 1.jpg
Attachment 2.jpg
Attachment 3.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tomas De Amos

Re: SEB Moodle integration redirect URL considered "Not secure" by Google Chrome

by Tomas De Amos -

Forgot to add the final screedshot with the error:

Thanks again.

Tomas.

Re: SEB Moodle integration redirect URL considered "Not secure" by Google Chrome

by Tomas De Amos -
Hello Moodle community.
Hasn´t anyone experimented this kind of behavoiur?
Maybe there is a misconfiguration in our site, but I haven´t been able to find it.
Any help would be gratly appreciated.
Thanks and regards.
Tomas.

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
I haven't gone this process. But my guess is sebs:// is supposed to start the Safe Exam Browser, not Chrome.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Tomas De Amos -
Thanks for your time Visvanath.
The problem is that before opening SEB, the last screen in Chrome appears saying "The information is not secure" and so the user is forced to click in "Send anyway" button in order to open SEB.
Is this supposed to happen or am I missing any configuration?
Regards.
Tomas,

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
To be sure, your site is HTTPS and web browsers recognize the certificate? Did you try with another browser? Any complications like web proxies / reverse-proxies in the network link?

Of course the expected behaviour is, your initial browser (Firefox, Chrome) shuts down, all other programs too go down and the OS goes in to "kiosk" mode, then the SEB starts.

Well, may be I am talking of the "old" method with SEB configuration files. Haven't had much exposure with the "integrated" version in Moodle 3.9. I can not test, because at home I have no Windows no Mac computers. If you don't get replies in this (General) form, might worth asking the moderator to move the discussion to the Quiz forum.