Question bank consistency - Advice on how to correct questions/categories

Question bank consistency - Advice on how to correct questions/categories

by Susana L. -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

We are having some problems related to question bank consistency. Although we have a new moodle instance every year, courses are restored from previous editions, and I think faulty questions are "travelling" from instance to instance introducing inconsistencies on our question database every year.

I found out a very interesting document on this matter:  Question bank consistency check

Running the last checkup "Question categories should belong to the same context as their parent" we had a list of 103 records pointing to some of the problems we were experiencing (and teachers complained about). I would like to know if someone can advice us on the best practice to correct those questions/categories.

Thank you!

Moodle 3.9. | 2 nodes cluster | PostgreSQL | New install on August each year | Backup restore form previous academic year (~4000 courses) 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Susana L.

Re: Question bank consistency - Advice on how to correct questions/categories

by Susana L. -
We corrected the categories manually using the question bank interface. Located the courses and categories involved and one-by-one simply re-submitted the edit category form so the "Parent category" turns to be actually the "Top for ..." the course.