automate user file import

automate user file import

by Michael Gies -
Number of replies: 3

Hi folks,

as I am new to moodle  I would like to know if anyone knows wether moosh is usable or another way or plugin exists, to schedule the CSV file user import into moodle.

Thanks for any details. I am using  the last stable v. 3.10

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Gies

Re: automate user file import

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Hi Michael.

This is a late reply... Did you find a solution to your problem?

If not, have a look at the discussion on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=105653. There's a possible solution there (by Brian Pool).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Michael Gies -
Hi Luis,

you are the first and only one to reply. Many thanks for that!
I guess I saw this post as I found the file autouploaduser.php in my download folder but I havent given it a try yet. because meanwhile I had prepared a tool that simulates the mouse clicks in a browser to import the nightly file as an admin user and for now it is working while I care for other problems smile
When I try the cron version I will post the result here.
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Michael Gies -
Hi Luis,

I am trying the solutions reported in your link Brian Pool and the file autouploadusers.php of michael-milette.
It works well run from a command line in DOS and even from the browser. Even the standard uploadusers.php works with parameters.
The problem remains though, as the site where I need to automate this is hosted by a provider in a multicustomer environment thus, they don't allow running it neither form command line nor from the browser.
They let me set a cron job to do it, but it does not work: I don't even get a result or log, nothing.
Is there a way to get something like a log to debug where it stucks ? The provider uses php 7.4 but eventually I can choose a higher version up to 8.0