Bulk distribution of scanned handouts

Bulk distribution of scanned handouts

by Dominique BODIN -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Still searching if there is any "easy " way to make a bulk distribution of scanned handouts in Moodle.

I did publish a quite cironvulated way to do so  here : https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=381427#p1537545 , but not very satisfactory.

Let's say my students did in class some paper work that I scanned afterward : then I would like to give them access in Moodle to their own scanned paper (that I may have digitaly annoted meanwhile while renaming the scans files).

Any idea ? Any plugin which may help to do so ?

Thanks,

D.BODIN

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique BODIN

Re: Bulk distribution of scanned handouts

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Dominique,

Would a redesign of that process be workable? If so, you could:

Set up an assignment with file upload submission and Annotate PDF enabled. After the class or session, you'd ask your students to take a picture (or pictures) of their work and upload these using the Moodle Mobile app directly to said assignment.

By the time your grading and feedback should start, you open the assignment and annotate the work directly in Moodle. With the 'notify students' set to Yes, the students will receive your annotations and feedback as soon as you're done.

And, using the grading workflow bit, you can even make sure to bulk release all the annotations at once, so you don't get the 'Have you checked my work yet?' questions from students.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Joost Elshoff

Re: Bulk distribution of scanned handouts

by Dominique BODIN -
Hello Joost,

Thanks for your answer.

Of course you're right the workflow you describe works fine, but as I work with quite young students , sometimes it would be convenient to skip the part where students upload by themselves their work (They do it of course, but sometimes it's quicker if I do it smile).

As I said, I may collect some paper works in classroom, scan them by myself, and once I've annoted them, I was looking for an "easy" way to bulk distribute his/her resulting file to each and every student.

The work around I've previously described in the post I pointed above works fine, but it is not that convenient I must say.

I know that for example other environments like Google Classroom may provide such similar tools (with Doctopus or Yamm -but in this case it's an easy way to make a mail merge with personalized attachments to each recipient).

So I was just wondering if there's any better way in Moodle to do that than the one I previoulsy described to bypass the usual use of an assignment, a kind of personalized folder for each students and a quick way to distribute personalized files, let's say from one uploaded zip file.

Thanks again for your answer,
Dominique BODIN