Unknown exception related to local files (File does not exist)

Unknown exception related to local files (File does not exist)

by stefania scagliola -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there,

I am a beginner with Html and creating a course for independent learners about multimodality on Moodle. With a help of a Moodle developer I created the course some time ago. Now he is no longer available, and I want to finish the course. 

I tried to start with an online course, but the code that is already in the lesson very often looks different then the one that is explained in a generic lesson about html. As I got confused, I am trying with trial and error,  copying the existing code into the same page, but then with changes in it, and see how it looks. 

What `I would like to do is create a new page, and copy and paste the code in it, but when I update it in the HTML editor, first it is visible in the unsaved file, but when I save it, I get this message: 

Unknown exception related to local files (File does not exist) , 

I tried to google this error, but all the issues `I could find are related to specific kinds of files, an audio or video file that cannot be found, in my case it is the code of an entire page. 

Maybe it does not respond to links to data that have been created in a different field? But this would mean you can never copy and paste code which includes links to data, and use it in another.

Can someone advise me how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Stefania

Average of ratings: -