Extend book content area

Extend book content area

by Luciano Rabelo -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I'm using Moodle 3.10+ (Build: 20210108) with the Boost theme 2020110900 and I would like to change the default layout of the books. Currently the content of a book is next to the table of contents, which reduces the space for viewing the content. I would like the content to occupy the entire available width, leaving the ToC above or below it. I tried extensively to do this using SCSS, but unfortunately I couldn't.

Can someone around here help me?

Kind regards,

Luciano

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luciano Rabelo

Re: Extend book content area

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Adapt the PHP that is used to render the 'incourse' layout when the page (look at the global PAGE object contained within the global OUTPUT object in this case could be quicker) to adapt the page layout when on the page that is used to render the Book module, within the theme.
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Luciano Rabelo -
Thanks for your answer.
I tried to edit /theme/boost/templates/columns2.mustache that is used by /mod/book/view.php and course content were ok, but it changed how other content were displayed and created other problems. Then I undid the change in the file.
In reply to Luciano Rabelo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
??? You'll need to edit the theme PHP as well as the Mustache it instigates.