Having Satisfactory or Not Satisfactory as grade/outcome/marks

Having Satisfactory or Not Satisfactory as grade/outcome/marks

by Awais Ahmad -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I was wondering if it possible to have no marks at all and the teacher could just grade answer as satisfactory or not satifactory. Is it possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Awais Ahmad

Re: Having Satisfactory or Not Satisfactory as grade/outcome/marks

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi,
within a quiz, this is only possible with the Essay question type and some informal grade scale, like 0 (=no satisfactory) and 1 (=satisfactory). I mean that inside the quiz only numerical grades are possible, not words AFAIK. And then some configuration of the quiz would be needed, depending on whether the quiz contains only this type of questions or not.
There are several ways to give a textual grade, f.i. in combination with the gradebook and a custom scale, but it would need one question - one quiz and this can be tedious and not efficient at all if you have several questions of this type.
Another possibility is to create an assignment instead of a quiz and use a grading guide to correct it. Or again, use the gradebook with a scale.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Awais Ahmad -
Thanks Beatriz Rojo for the advice. After searching a lot I came to this solution. Having 0 (no satisfactory) and 1 (satisfactory). Furthermore making competencies and using a custom scale having two options competent and non-competent. This solves my problem thank you.
In reply to Awais Ahmad

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Awais,
I've never used Competencies but it seems to me like a way to give further transparency and validity to a simple grade like Satisfactory/No satisfactory smile
In reply to Awais Ahmad

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If I understand your requirement, a course's final grade can be displayed as satisfactory or not satisfactory.
Grade administration>Gradebook setup>Letters

Edit the current values to match your desired values satisfactory or not satisfactory.

Kind Regards
Average of ratings: Useful (1)