[3.10.1] Problems with Webex Meeting, BigBlueButton, Zoom plugins installation

[3.10.1] Problems with Webex Meeting, BigBlueButton, Zoom plugins installation

by Neo Z. -
Number of replies: 2

Hello everyone!

Recently I migrated my Moodle site from Moodle cloud server to another hosting provider. The thing is that because I have no technical knowledge I currently face a few issues regarding some plugin installation which, unfortunately, I can't solve by myself.

First of all I would like to say that the previous version of Moodle that I used was 3.9 and now I run 3.10.1.

Well, from yesterday each time I click on the BBB link the following message appears: "This Moodle server is making use of the BigBlueButton testing server that comes pre-configured by default. It should be replaced for production." (image 1). Then, I though that installing the BBB plugin (as zip file) from here it would solve the problem, but when I tried to add a BBB activity the same problem appeared again.

After a while I download the Webex Meeting plugin in order to install it instead of BBB and this time I received the follow message "An error occurred while trying to connect: 6:Could not resolve host: .webex.com; Unknown error"(image 2). In this case do I need to have a Webex account to be able to have access to the software?

Well, this is really hard for me and it leads me to frustration because I don't know the nature of the problem nor what to do. Is the fact that Webex, BBB and Zoom can't work with version 3.10.1. Do I need to (somehow!) "downgrade" the version of Moodle? I don't know...maybe all these don't make any sense at all, but since I am not familiar with this I am really lost in there.

So, if someone can help me with this, please, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you very much in advance. 

Attachment 1.PNG
Attachment 2.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neo Z.

Re: [3.10.1] Problems with Webex Meeting, BigBlueButton, Zoom plugins installation

by Eric Merrill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This has nothing to do with your Moodle version.

All the plugins you describe connect to outside services - you need to setup or buy those services.

The BBB plugin is telling you exactly that - you are using the test BBB server (that they run for testing purposed), and you need to configure a real BBB server (in the plugin config). You can host your own BBB server, or pay them to host one for you IIRC.

The Webex plugin requires you, in the plugin settings, to enter the hostname of your Webex site. You have to pay Cisco for that (an actual institutional site not just a single paid account).

And zoom is the same way, if you want to configure their LTI integration with Moodle, you need a paid zoom institutional account, to the best of my knowledge.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Eric Merrill

Απάντηση: Re: [3.10.1] Problems with Webex Meeting, BigBlueButton, Zoom plugins installation

by Neo Z. -
Dear Eric,

Oh...ok, I understand now. I will go for it then.
Thank you so much! Your answer really helped me a lot...I appreciate it!

Kind regards,
N.