Custom role to allow user registration - group managers in a course

Custom role to allow user registration - group managers in a course

by Mehmet K -
Number of replies: 1

I want to create a custom role like "group managers" in a course. This role is similar to the non-editing teacher role but can access his/her group only as described here. I want these group managers to have full enrolment power over their students (in the same group they are in) but I don't want them to see the other users/students.  I can give them manual:unenrol and manual:manage powers without any problem.

I also want this role to create "their own" users and enrol them in the same course (and group). I've checked similar questions on this forum and it seems like this is not possible. Can someone confirm?

My current best solution is to create a database activity in the course for the group managers to get their student info. And then, upload these students to create the user accounts, enrol them in the course and add them to the related groups using user upload. Is there a better solution for Moodle 3.5? (Our Moodle site does not allow self-registration.)

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mehmet K

Can teachers self-register?

by Gere mia -
I have a similar question: I want to allow teachers to self-register. Is this possible?