Auto Enrol Users to a Cohort (Not auto enroll cohorts to a course)

Auto Enrol Users to a Cohort (Not auto enroll cohorts to a course)

by Marie Waterhouse -
Number of replies: 3

Hello, Running V3.8

Is there a way to auto enrol users into a cohort either as a result of them enrolling in a top level 'Registration course' or by role. (Nb - not auto  enrol cohorts into courses)
I want to be able to  auto enrol users  into cohorts (either as a result of enrolling in a course or as a result of a role assigned to them) so I can later restrict access to certain 'activities' within other courses to members of a cohort. Users will need to be automatically removed from the cohort when their access to the 'registration course ends' or their role changes as a result of the 'registration course ending'

Example.

Course 'Registration 2021' has a 'relative dates' mode set for 1 year. It could also assign a unique role 'Intake 2021' to the user.

Upon registration user is automatically assigned to the COHORT 2021 and / or Assigned the Role INTAKE 2021

Course 'Maths' is meta linked to 'Registration 2021. All users registered in course 'Registration 2021' have full access to  course 'Maths' while rlative date is still valid.
However, I also want to define access at activity level within the course to 'Maths' to COHORT 2021 members only and leave some activities open for any student to view. . (the functionality exists for this currently)
Which takes me back to my original starting point...how do I get the users into a cohort automatically.

Or am I missing some obvious functionality here?

I could mess around with roles and permissions but that seems waaaay to complicated.
Any thoughts or ideas much appreciated. Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marie Waterhouse

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Auto Enrol Users to a Cohort (Not auto enroll cohorts to a course)

by Marie Waterhouse -
Thank you - I will give it a try.