Conversion of Units - problem

Conversion of Units - problem

by Marko Nuskol -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings.

I have encountered a problem regarding a conversion between mS and S (millisiemens and Siemens) SI unit.

Let's say the result is 1000 mS m^2 mol^-1 and now I want to convert it to 1 S m^2 mol^-1. (we know that 1000 mS = 1 S).

When the 1 S m^2 mol^-1 is entered in the number and unit box I don't receive any score for this.

I tried searching through moodleformulas.org but unfortunately didn't find any solution for this. There is probably some sort of rule I don't know.

P.S. I have attached the .xml question for you to try.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marko Nuskol

Re: Conversion of Units - problem

by Marko Nuskol -
Forgot to mention that this is regarding Formulas question type. :P

Managed to find a partial solution with turning OFF the SI unit rules. Then I manually entered the conversion rule 1 S = 1000 mS.
Which means the problem is somewhere there smile
In reply to Marko Nuskol

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Marko,

You must put -1 in parentheses: mS m^2 mol^(-1)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Marko Nuskol -
It works! So simple yet it was so frustrating to me ;)

Can I assume that all the (-1,2,3..etc) must be put in parentheses and on the last position?
In reply to Marko Nuskol

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Marko,

From Writing Units ↗:

Exponentiation is indicated by the circumflex accent (^, UTF-8 ^ or ASCII code 94 (alt+94)). For example, input 4.7 m2 as 4.7 m^2

Parentheses are required when there is a risk of misinterpretation. For example, do not input 8 kN m^-2 but rather 8 kN m^(-2).