Moodle Coming to MSU!

Moodle Coming to MSU!

by Ralph Blakeslee -
Number of replies: 0

Hey folks, look what should up in my Montclair State University email box the  other day:

Dear Colleagues,

This fall, OIT will be conducting a professional development pilot involving a courseware management system called "Moodle." Moodle is similar to Blackboard, but it is free to download, use, and modify. Large and small institutions around the world are using it to support teaching and learning.

I'm writing to you to ask you if you know of any faculty in your area that might like to be part of this pilot. If so, please forward this message to them and ask them to contact me.

Preparation would begin in mid to late summer. Participation would mean (1) using Moodle to enhance teaching and learning in a fall course and (2) participating in a web-based professional development course led by me using Moodle. The idea is for each participant to experience Moodle as both a teacher and a student, i.e., they'll be a student in the professional development course and a teacher in the course they choose to teach via Moodle.
Of course, I contacted to the coordinator immeadately!
Ralph

Average of ratings: -