Just want to ask other users about this. We have a huge Moodle with around 16.000 courses. The 'search for courses' option is very needed.
It used to work good, I think up until Moodle 3.7. Then the search changed and now courses can no longer be found.
I posted a tracker MDL-70225 for this but it seems nobody is interested so I might be overlooking something.
To reproduce the steps:
- Create course with name Course CU99999
- Create course with name Course CU99999V20
- Perform course search using CU99999
- Notice that only one course is found
- Perform course search using CU99999V20
- Notice only one course is found
Expected behavior: first search would give two results. Second search would give one result.
Also, wildcards do not seem to be working. A search for CU99999* does only return one result: the first course.Can someone confirm that wildcard search is NOT supported?