Neutral questionnaire responses

Neutral questionnaire responses

by Ricardo Caiado -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Suppose, in a multiple choice question, you have an item whose score has a value of "none". For example, the item can be "I don't know", which should be neutral: it does not give points but it also does not remove.

QUESTION 1: In fact, is the value assigned by the system 0 (zero)?

QUESTION 2: If the question is sent without an answer, is the value assigned zero? That is, an unanswered question is equivalent to a question answered by marking an item of value "none"?

The motivation for the questions above is as follows. I didn't find an automatic way to add a neutral "I don't know" item to multiple choice questions. If the answer to question 2 is affirmative, it would be enough to tell the students to leave it blank.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ricardo Caiado

Re: Neutral questionnaire responses

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello Ricardo,
the answer to question 2 is Yes. A question can be left blank and the score is 0 points. Of course, there are then different configurations to adjust these settings based on the scenario. For instance, you can configure the navigation so that selecting an answer is compulsory to unblock the next question (although there are some pedagogical caveats for this measure).
But if you don't need to make things complicated, the default quiz configuration is that students can skip a question without being penalized for that.
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Ricardo Caiado -
Hi Beatriz, Thanks for the reply.

"A question can be left blank and the score is 0 points." - Is this the default behavior? If not what are the configuration settings to score 0 points?

Ricardo
In reply to Ricardo Caiado

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ricardo,

Since you posted this to the Quiz forum, I expect you meant to say "Neutral quiz responses". Please note that the Moodle Questionnaire activity is something different from Moodle Quiz.

You might be interested in this discussion: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=411545#p1659737

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ricardo Caiado -
Sorry, my bad...

The correct subject is "Neutral quiz responses".