Accidentally installed wrong version of plugin local_staticpage

Accidentally installed wrong version of plugin local_staticpage

by David CcCcC -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

thanks beforehand if anyone takes the time to answer to my problem!

I accidentally installed the plugin for the 3.9 Version of Moodle (that is plugin version v3.9-r2 (2021010600) being installed on Moodle 3.10). I got something like "Not available - Non 2xx HTML Error" after uploading a HTML file and checking the List of static pages. But the static page actually worked. Now i've deinstalled the v3.9-r2 (2021010600) version of the plugin for i wanted the error to cease and wanted to install the right version.

• Thing i did was install v3.9-r2 (2021010600) on Moodle 3.10
  • Changing the settings of the Plugin slightly
  • Uploaded 1 HTML File
  • Accessed the created static page

My Question:
Could the Moodle system now be messed up somehow? It seems to be running fine at first glance, could there be any messed up stuff in the system now ?

I now uninstalled the 3.9 version of the plugin through the browser, it updated the database throughout the uninstall process. Then i installed the 3.10 version of the plugin (my Moodle is 3.10) and now the same error occurs.

I opened a thread on this problem already here:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=417237

The fellow Moodlers there said i should check with the developers.

Possibly there could be a problem with the plugin itself ?

Thanks beforehand for any help !!!

since 

David 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David CcCcC

Re: Accidentally installed wrong version of plugin local_staticpage

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I don't think the people who were posting on the other forum were suggesting that you should check with Moodle developers in general, I suspect they were suggesting you should specifically contact the developers of the 3rd-party local_staticpage plugin. I can see you've already posted a bug ticket on the github repo. I've worked with Alex (one of the maintainers) before, so I'm reasonably certain he'll get back to you when he has a chance. However, you might want to help him out by giving a few more details about your Moodle server (the error implies that you might be running something other than Apache, but what OS is it running on, what database system, which version of PHP?).
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Accidentally installed wrong version of plugin local_staticpage

by David CcCcC -
hi,

sorry about the wrong post! and thanks a lot ! ill be on my way to post the details on github.
thanks for your time !

since
David