Creating a moodle app

Creating a moodle app

by Tashi Norzin Tenzing -
Number of replies: 3
Hello, 
We are a small company in Bhutan. we have created our moodle website with the help of a developer in India. Our website has a basic layout and we are not able to use all the features moodle had to offer. We have been facing a lot of issues and we don't know how to solve them by ourselves. Is there a way we can contact you directly so we can discuss the problems? I also learnt that we can get a partner who can help us. I would also like to learn about that.

The main issue we are having is the app. According to the Indian developers, moodle apps cannot be made, either or IOS or android. But I have done some research and I learnt that it is possible. I have also learnt that you can make the app for us. I would like to discuss that.

This will be of so much help. Thank you in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tashi Norzin Tenzing

Re: Creating a moodle app

by Philip Siwinski -
Hello Tashi and welcome on the Moodle forums,

there are a few things which might help you to understand the ecosystem of Moodle's community.
When you write "you", it seems you refer to Moodle HQ but in fact, you are writing to the participants of the forums, users of Moodle.

If you are looking for help, you can share your problems on the forums. You will get answers from users of Moodle and sometimes also from employees at Moodle HQ.
You can also contact one of the Moodle Partners. It is a company certified by Moodle HQ which provides various Moodle services.

Now, your question about a mobile app. You can order a Branded Moodle App from a Moodle Partner (which will obtain it from Moodle HQ).
It will be a copy of the standard Moodle App with customized colors and logo. It will be available in mobile stores for iOS and Android and it will be updated regularly.
Your company will pay for the initial setup and a yearly subscription for the maintenance.

You could also work with a developer who will help you build, customize and publish your own copy of the Moodle mobile app. It is sometimes refered as a Custom Moodle app

I hope these basic information will help you to understand the different directions you can take. Since you are starting with Moodle, I recommend you to order a Branded Moodle App.

Have a good day,
Philip
In reply to Philip Siwinski

by Tashi Norzin Tenzing -
Hi Philip,
Thank you for your help. Since I am new to moodle, it is quite confusing, and since I am working from Bhutan it's quite difficult to find a moodle partner. But I am studying about the branded app and trying to get it.

Thank you
In reply to Tashi Norzin Tenzing

by Philip Siwinski -
Hi Tashi,
you are welcome, I agree it is not easy to understand all the actors, products and services related to the Moodle brand.
You could work remotely with any partner in the world. If you prefer geographical proximity, you will easily find a partner from Bangladesh or India. Let us know how it goes smile