How to transfer courses along with recordings sticked to them

How to transfer courses along with recordings sticked to them

by Paul Beltskyy -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Everybody! I've got a problem and looking for suggestion how to resolve it.

My history of using BBB+Moodle started in 2016. That time I've installed VM with Moodle 2.6 and VM with BBB 0.81. We used this system successfully till 2018 year, that time we decided to upgrade Moodle to brand new 3.6.1 and BBB to 2.0 beta. I established new VM, got fresh installation for BBB and I copied all recordings from 0.81 to 2.0. Then I switched off old 0.81 BBB and tested communication of Moodle 2.6 with new BBB server 2.0 and everything worked fine. That time we decided to save time and let both Moodle (old one 2.6 and new one 3.6.1) worked with one instance of BBB 2.0. I was going to move my courses alog with recordings of the old Moodle instance 2.6 to the new one 3.6.1 later and I supposed it should be easy for me, but I mistaken...

So I adjusted my firewall and two different Moodle web-sites worked on different ports fine. Untill I decided to upgrade BBB to the latest 2.2 release. The reason was Adobe Flash EOL and I wanted new technologies like HTML5 client, using it on mobile phones and all the new features which appeared in BBB since my last upgrade. I did that upgrade the same way as before - just made fresh installation using BBB-conf script and copied all my folders with recordings to the new VM. Then I set up new Internet connection, because BBB required wide broadband channel, and I changed IP, readjust everything, domain name, firewall and so on. Finally I tested it with new Moodle instance - everything worked fine! I was glad till the moment I tested old Moodle instance 2.6 - it was unsuccessful. Of course I changed secret key (aka SALT), but I din't know should I change URL (I left it the same, because I didn't change domain name, only adjusted new IP in DNS records).

Summarizing all up-mentioned my question is: "Does somebody know the way to transfer courses as well as lists of BBB recordings which belong to them from old 2.6 Moodle instance to new 3.6.1"

I've tried it today and it transfered with empty list of recordings, only other kind of standard Moodle plugins and other content... The problem is that old 2.6 Moodle also lost all recording lists... I am in despair! Please suggest any workable way to resurrect my webinars! Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Beltskyy

Re: How to transfer courses along with recordings sticked to them

by Paul Beltskyy -
ok, maybe my post was difficult to understand it, sorry for my so-so English...

I re-phrase my question and make it simply.

I have BBB 0.81 + Moodle 2.6 and I have courses and recordings related to them. What is the right and correct way to transfer these courses together with related recordings to new BBB 2.2 + Moodle 3.6.1. The domain name will be the same for both pair of servers.