Changes to Behat in Moodle

Re: Changes to Behat in Moodle

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Andrew (or anyone else who knows), above you say "if you make use of the $CFG->behat_config configuration to specify additional browsers, then you will need to update it to use webdriver instead."

But then, also you mention the possibility of using headless browsers.

So, what would be your remmendation for what we should have in our config.php files, to get the best results? Thanks.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Andrew Lyons -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Tim,

Sorry - I missed your question until you pointed it out in the developer channel earlier this week.

Personally I'd recommend that you use the browser configuration tool I've created because that should handle a wide range of browser configurations.

If you don't want to use that tool, then I'd recommend a basic configuration like the following: https://gist.github.com/andrewnicols/13139085dba8cefc1ad0302e48f22abe

Hope that helps,

Andrew

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrew Lyons

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks Andrew. That seems to work.

And, since I can't find it documented anywhere, it seems that the last browser in the array is the one used by default if you don't specify on the command-line, so I re-ordered.