Quiz timer

Quiz timer

by Alan Sodenkamp -
Number of replies: 6

Hello reader,

In the general settings from the quiz I have configured:

Enforced delay between 1st and 2nd attempts: 1 week

Attempts allowed: Unlimited

But in some courses I don’t want an enforced delay but unlimited attempts. 

How can I configure this?

regards Alan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Sodenkamp

Re: Quiz timer

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You don't want an enforced delay, but you want unlimited attempts? Well, just disable "Enforced delay..." and leave "Attempts allowed" set to Unlimited. I am not sure I understood your question.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Alan Sodenkamp -

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems I was not clear enough.

Say I have  10 courses and I want 5 courses with unlimited attempts but with 1 week waiting time between the attempts.

With the other 5 courses I want unlimited attempts but without any waiting time. So they can redo the tests after they fail. 

How can I do that?

Regards Alan 

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Each quiz has its own settings.

If you have found the screen in the admin settings, that just sets the defaults that are used when you create a new quiz. What matters is the setting for each quiz. Go to the quiz, and choose Settings -> Edit settings.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alan Sodenkamp -
Hi Tim,
thank you for your help.
The settings in the quiz have only attempt settings.
I not see the setting "Enforced delay between 1st and 2nd attempts" in the quiz setting.
That is only available in the Site administration -> Plugins overview -> Activity modules -> Quiz->General settings

So if I want to do set Enforced delay for only a few courses I have no idea how to do that.

Regards Alan
Attachment settings.png

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Those settings are under 'extra restrictions on attempts'. You probably also need to click 'Show more' (Or turn off 'Advanced' in the admin settings.)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Alan Sodenkamp -

Tim, thank you so much, you solved my problem.

The trick was to turn off " advanced" .

You made me happy smile

Regards Alan