were to find "Course administration"? (to create group?)

were to find "Course administration"? (to create group?)

by m laa -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I try to create my first group. But don't find (the 'Create group' button in Administration > Course administration > Users > Groups (if using the Classic theme))

https://docs.moodle.org/310/en/Groups#Creating_a_group

I'm at "Site administration" but don't see "Course administration"

Under "Site administration" >  "Users" there are also no group options

Thank you

(moodle 3.10.1)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to m laa

Re: were to find "Course administration"? (to create group?)

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

In Moodle 3.10 the Boost theme is the default so:

from the navigation drawer "Participants" and then clicking the gear menu on the right and "Groups" (if using the Boost theme)

Screenshot showing 1) Participants, 2) Actions menu, 3) Groups.

In reply to Leon Stringer

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
OP said they were using the classic theme. I've never even seen the classic theme so I'm not sure but there should still be a Participants link. The functionality is the same just where the options live.
In reply to m laa

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Groups are a course thing, not a site thing. Instead of going to "Site administration" first, go into your actual course. Using the Classic theme, you should see an Administration block on the left. Click the > for Users, then select, Groups. You should then get all the options needed for creating and maintaining groups.