Show new course created as first course on Site Home

Show new course created as first course on Site Home

by leili mei -
Number of replies: 2

Hi.

I would like to know is there a way to display in the Site home´s list of courses where the newly created or opened is first?  I noticed that it gets sorted by category (and courses in the category can also be sorted).  I wanted the courses to be listed according to its date of creation regardless of its category.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to leili mei

Re: Show new course created as first course on Site Home

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers
Hi Leili, we used to have that, and I don't think you can actually do that any more, well I haven't done it since about after transitioning to v2.1 I think. The reason was that this structure was common to all Moodles until about v2.1 (from memory) but the issue it caused was named "The Scroll Of Death". All it did was to create a very long list of courses that would take forever to scroll down if your course was recently created and very east to miss amongst the gamut of courses listed. Moodle now allows you to set the first page as the Dashboard of the User, and in that you can, I understand, lay it out as you like. I don't use that as both my front pages are set out in a table form, have been like that forever, with each subject given its own place, its own images and rollovers. I did try to change it once, but got so many complaints about how people were unable to find things I had to go back. Good luck.
In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Show new course created as first course on Site Home

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If the student view is set to the Dashboard>Course Overview>Courses>In Progress page, the course with a current start date and not yet completed will be displayed. Completed courses move to the Past page.
If there are multiple courses with the same start date, the courses are displayed in the order set in the Course Catalog. In the course catalog you can set each category by time created ascending or descending, or some other desired sort by option.
Kind Regards.