Review Options vs. Display Options

Review Options vs. Display Options

by Huan Zhou -
Number of replies: 3

When creating a Moodle Quiz, do the "Review Options" in "Edit Setting" override the "Display Options" under "Preview" in "Edit Quiz"? They don't seem to match: even though I've selected to show "whether correct" and "right answer" in the "review options" when editing quiz settings, when I click on "preview" in "edit quiz", the default beside "whether correct" and "right answer" remain "not shown." Does that mean I need to manually change all of them to "shown"? It'll be very time consuming. 

Attachment Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 2.26.32 PM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 2.27.04 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Huan Zhou

Re: Review Options vs. Display Options

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hello,
do the "Review Options" in "Edit Setting" override the "Display Options" under "Preview" in "Edit Quiz"?  They are two different instances and not linked.
The Display Options settings help you to see how the question would behave so that you can play around and check that you are satisfied with how the question would behave under different quiz settings.
The Review Options apply to all questions in a quiz, but the settings there do not affect the settings in the Display options because, as I said, they are two independent tools.
If you want to check that you are happy with the review options you set for a quiz, you should take the quiz, ideally with a fake student account.
Hope it helped smile
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
To add to what Beatriz says (which is all correct).

When you are on the 'Edit quiz' screen where you build your quiz (e.g. https://qa.moodledemo.net/mod/quiz/edit.php?cmid=30) then the Preview links there should open the preview pop-up with the same options that are defined in the quiz settings. (I just checked, and that is working.) But, that is just a convenience, to start the independent pop-up tool with appropriate settings. Once the pop-up is open, then what happens in there has not effect on anything else.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Huan Zhou -

Hi, Tim and Beatriz.

Thank you for your reply. What confuses me is that, contrary to Tim's experience, the preview pop up does not match the review options in my quiz setting, as you can see the screen shots I've attached. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like the review options override the display options. If that's the case, I've got nothing to worry aboutsmile However, I don't understand the purpose of the display options.