Need help in creating multiple choice question

Need help in creating multiple choice question

by MAYANK PRAKASH -
Number of replies: 1

I want to create a multiple choice questions with four options, in which multiple answers are allowed. Full marks for the question should be 4. I want to use following rules to grade the question

1. Full Marks : +4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen;
2. Partial Marks : +3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen;
3. Partial Marks : +2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct;
4. Partial Marks : +1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option;
5. Zero Marks : 0 If none of the options is chosen (i.e. the question is unanswered);
6. Negative Marks : -1 In all other cases.

I first thought I would just divide the 100% equally among all the options which are correct, but I can't figure out how do I implement my 6th rule, so that even if one of the wrong options are selected, the total marks becomes -1, disregarding what other options have been selected. Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MAYANK PRAKASH

Re: Need help in creating multiple choice question

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I can't see any core or contributed question type which would answer your requirements. This might need creating a new question type. Anyway, as I often say, a real-world example of the question (and answers) you want to achieve would greatly help us understand your problem and maybe provide a solution.

By "real-world" I mean: provide (in English, of course) the question text and the full list of possible student answers, together with a possible score for each of them.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)