Upgraded from Mini to Small Package

Upgraded from Mini to Small Package

by Tonya Tourville -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!  I had a operational online system that we were reaching the max user limit. This was setup as a moodle.school and needed more than 100 users. (biofieldtuningclasses.moodle.school). When I upgraded the package, the school account was converted into a general cloud account and now has an updated URL (https://biofieldtuningclasses.moodlecloud.com).

I'm resetting the appearance settings as much as possible within the new site to match the previous.

My question lies in registering for the new site as classes are currently going on. Will students be redirected when they access the old URL? What is this process?

old and new site registration

Confirmation message

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tonya Tourville

Re: Upgraded from Mini to Small Package

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello. I am sure the MoodleCloud team will respond when they are back online but in the meantime I am fairly confident your students will not notice anything different because they will be redirected to the new URL and won't need to do anything.
In reply to Tonya Tourville

Re: Upgraded from Mini to Small Package

by Kelly Howell -
Hi Tonya,

Mary is correct. If you are upgrading from a Moodle for School site to a new Plan, the URL will change from 'sitename.moodle.school' to 'sitename.moodlecloud.com'.

You will still be able to go to the old URL but it will be redirected to the new one. So in effect you have access to two URLs.

I hope this helps.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)