Question about Embedded Answer (Cloze) - Students get all answer right but the grade is 2/4 (not 4/4)

Re: Question about Embedded Answer (Cloze) - Students get all answer right but the grade is 2/4 (not 4/4)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
It's NOT so easy to find out what the problem is from that screenshot! Please export that question and attach the Moodle XML file to your next post.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Question about Embedded Answer (Cloze) - Students get all answer right but the grade is 2/4 (not 4/4)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ahmad,
If you are still interested in help with your post, please attach an export of your question to your reply as requested.
Joseph

by Ahmad Amer -
In reply to Ahmad Amer

by Joseph Rézeau -

"Better late than never" wink

I find your Cloze question very strange. Looks like you created that table in your word processor and copied it to Moodle cloze, so that you imported a lot of "garbage formatting". Why not use the Moodle editor's table feature?

Anyway, you are expecting the correct answers to be either an "x" or an "X", that's OK, but you are expecting the incorrect answers to be anything else (using the * wildcard). But if the student enters nothing in the "non-checkable" boxes, they get this error message: "Please answer all parts of the question." I'm very surprised that you would get the completed question screenshot shown in your first message in this thread!

If you absolutely want to use the Cloze question type, I suggest you use the MULTICHOICE sub-question type, with a true/false choice (or yes/no) in each table cell.

But you might consider using the (contributed) Word Select question type.

I hope you have Word Select installed on your Moodle site.

Please find below the 2 exported question files. Hope that helps.

by Ahmad Amer -
Thanks a lot Joseph.