Affine Unit Conversion

Affine Unit Conversion

by Sylvain Lamige -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

Taking into account Units in questions is very useful. Tell me if I'm wrong, but there is currently no possible affine unit conversion in addition to proportionnal conversion already existing. As an exemple, for temperatures, conversion between kelvins and Celsius degrees (+/- 273.15) does not seem to be currently supported by Moodle (version 3.x in use), yet that would be quite useful.

I'm looking forward to see this improved functionnality...

Best,

Sylvain

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sylvain Lamige

Re: Affine Unit Conversion

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Bonjour Sylvain,

The simple conversion from Fahrenheit to Celsius is affine! You can do it in MATHLAB, Mathcad, or any conversion app on your phone, but not in Moodle (?). You can't do it with the Formulas question but it would be a nice feature to add to it.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Sylvain Lamige -
Bonjour Dominique 😉, and thank you for your reply.

I opened this MDL tracker (MDL-70510) on this topic (Affine Unit Conversion), is that the correct way to suggest such a new feature for developpers to include in future versions? https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-70510
In reply to Sylvain Lamige

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Sylvain,

Yes, this is the usual way of proposing a new feature. But don't open the bottle of champagne yet. It may be implemented soon, but, while it is an excellent suggestion, it also may not be implemented until a distant date.
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Sylvain Lamige -
Hopefully this will come to birth sooner or later. Even if we may wait a few ... years (?), at least at that time that will still be a nice improvment.