How do I add a certificate to a course?

How do I add a certificate to a course?

by Nikolay Sych -
Number of replies: 3

I have created a certificate but cannot figure out how to attach it to the course. 

Please help me figure it out.

I am creating or editing a course, but there is no option to select the certificate I created.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikolay Sych

Re: How do I add a certificate to a course?

by Nikolay Sych -
Version 3.10
Missing button "Turn editing on|off" for courses
In reply to Nikolay Sych

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This sounds like an issue with your theme.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Perry Way -
Seems like this issue is with Boost theme and all that inherit from Boost. Hmm...

I had to copy some code from earlier Moodle (3.8.1) release into /lib/navigationlib.php to put those menu items back again.

This was the code block I had to add:

if ($this->page->user_allowed_editing()) {
            // Add the turn on/off settings
            if ($this->page->url->compare(new moodle_url('/course/view.php'), URL_MATCH_BASE)) {
                // We are on the course page, retain the current page params e.g. section.
                $baseurl = clone($this->page->url);
                $baseurl->param('sesskey', sesskey());
            } else {
                // Edit on the main course page.
                $baseurl = new moodle_url('/course/view.php', array('id'=>$course->id, 'return'=>$this->page->url->out_as_local_url(false), 'sesskey'=>sesskey()));
            }
            $editurl = clone($baseurl);
            if ($this->page->user_is_editing()) {
                $editurl->param('edit', 'off');
                $editstring = get_string('turneditingoff');
            } else {
                $editurl->param('edit', 'on');
                $editstring = get_string('turneditingon');
            }
            $coursenode->add($editstring, $editurl, self::TYPE_SETTING, null, 'turneditingonoff', new pix_icon('i/edit', ''));
        }

I had to add it directly above the place in function protected function load_course_settings($forceopen = false) where this bit of code begins:

if ($adminoptions->editcompletion) {
            // Add the course completion settings link
            $url = new moodle_url('/course/completion.php', array('id' => $course->id));
            $coursenode->add(get_string('coursecompletion', 'completion'), $url, self::TYPE_SETTING, null, null,
                             new pix_icon('i/settings', ''));
        }

Once I did that, the menu items appeared again. I'm very uncertain now what is going on with Moodle development. My understanding was we are supposed to inherit all themes going forward from the Boost theme. Maybe I read that wrong? I prepared over a year for this day, and we just upgraded to Moodle 3.9.6+ this last weekend and prior to that everything was working. I also made a post about this here before I found this thread:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=421443